Second Meeting Summary: AMUN Applications
- If you couldn't find us today, it's because we met for the first time in the Armory! Armory 202 is our new meeting spot to accommodate the larger-than-expected numbers.
- Join the committees! Today we were introduced to a new committee (the Sustainable Development Goals Committee), which also serves as a reminder that MUN is all about taking initiative. If you have an idea for the club, and what we should be doing in it, bring it to us!
- It's actually Global Goals Week right now!
- Unfortunately, we didn't get to do speed friending during this meeting, because AMUN deadlines loom very close! So we learned a ton about AMUN at this meeting.
- AMUN is great for new MUN-ers, because we participate in a general assembly instead of crisis committees.
- Here's some information about the structure of AMUN.
- And remember that AMUN is relatively close and cheap, and delegates come back with great stories.
- The AMUN Timeline:
- Sept. 19th - Application Opens
- Oct. 1st - Application Closes at 5pm
- Oct. 6th - Last Day to Confirm Attendance/Deposits Due
- Oct. 17th - Position Paper due to the Board for Revision
- Oct. 24th - Absolute Final Deadline to Submit Position Papers
- Nov. 18th - 21st - AMUN
- Notes on Applications:
- We'll let you know very shortly after the application closes whether you've been selected as a delegate or not.
- We'll have a waiting list, which is almost always utilized.
- We have a security deposit requirement in order to encourage attendance for selected delegates. Don't let this frighten you, but do let it encourage you to take your commitments seriously.
- There will be lots of opportunities in meetings and elsewhere to learn about how MUN works before going to Chicago.
- More people always apply than we have the money to send. Don't half-ass your application. Utilize our meeting times, office hours times, and resources on the website to take your best stab at it!
- We also talked about MinneMUN! Here's where you should put your MinneMUN committee ideas. Contact Sourojit Ghosh, our Secretary General, with any questions.
A Quick Peek at our Membership:
Thanks for tuning in!